Now Available | Destiny 16.0
New Features, Better Functionality
Your Follett Destiny® upgrade has arrived.
Learn about all the changes in our upcoming webinar, What's New in Destiny 16.0.
You can also read about the changes here: What's New in Destiny 16.0 [PDF]
Follett eBooks and Audiobooks
A simpler and more reliable digital experience is now available! Follett eBooks and audiobooks use new reader functionality that provides a simplified reading experience and improved support for offline reading in Destiny Discover and Destiny Library Manager.
Destiny® Library Manager
- Java architecture improvements for reliability, security and performance
- Improved process for importing patron pictures at the District
- Now easier to maintain patron pictures in larger districts in one single load of data instead of having to import at each school
- Improved support for OverDrive eBooks makes it simpler to maintain cataloging information and single sign-on (with Destiny username) for materials assigned to support classrooms
- Reconcile MARC records automatically
- OverDrive class sets support
- Spine label printing improvements
- Easier administration and greater flexibility of access levels in large districts
- Push single access levels from district to multiple sites
- Improved control to ensure maintenance jobs do not impact daily system performance when adding to Limit Tasks options
- Follett Digital update
- Lexile® update job
- Accelerated Reader™ update job
- Reading Counts!® Update job
- Fountas and Pinnell Literacy™ update job
- Compliance with web guidelines for accessibility (ADA/AODA, Section 508) – VPAT documentation coming soon!
- Updates to user interface technology to support accessibility and consistency with Collections
- New Follett eBook and audiobook functionality
- Simplified and improved reader
- Destiny Discover app update
- Incorporates updated ebook reader
- Improved support while using offline
Collections by Destiny®
Collections is on a continuous update schedule with new features being released regularly. Visit the What’s New in Collections Page to see the latest features.
- Collection Sets let you organize your resources by topic, unit and lesson
- Standards tagging helps users find Collections that meet specific learning objectives. Users can select and assign standards to their own Collections.
- (Coming Soon!) Playlists allow users to present the material in their collections.
Destiny Resource Manager™
- Textbook management enhancement allows multiple levels for better organization
- Component management enhancements
- Components feature allows you to easily group items for a variety of purposes
- Enhancements to allow more precise tracking of components within resources
- Components can now be found in search results
- Performance improvements including exporting large datasets to Excel