Follett technology products and services are receiving major updates for back to school! We are always striving to ensure our products work together to optimize your experience. That's why we've made changes to give Destiny®:
See the new look, features and all the exciting ways to explore. Check out all the changes in the tabs below!
Destiny Library Manager 14.0
The improvements to Destiny® Library Manager™ include:
- A new look and feel to the user interface. Don't worry – everything is where you expect it to be.
- A simplified search function called Destiny Discover™, which combines and renames all of the student-facing search and eBook functions (outside of Classic Destiny) from Universal Search, Follett Shelf™ and BryteWave™ into one easy access point
- Easier access to library resources through Single Sign-On with SAML, LTI and Google, and a Google Chrome extension
- Access to open educational resources (OERs) through a partnership with the US Department of Education to support access to Learning Registry resources
- An integration with Biblionasium, the award-winning digital social platform that supports independent reading activities for students 6–13 years old
- Single Sign-On with Baker & Taylor Axis 360 to allow users to open Axis 360 content from Destiny without requiring another login
Destiny Resource Manager 14.0
Enhancements to Destiny® Resource Manager™ include:
- A new look and feel for Destiny – with no learning curve!
- New Resource Containers which allow items, such as carts of laptops, to be associated together and circulated as a group
- Capability to increase the productivity of your warehouse team, including Available Copy Counts, alerts for backorder items and updates to the Pick List and Packing List
- Ability to limit Current Checkouts and the Fines Report to any branch of your Resource Tree
Coming mid-August see your collection analysis like never before
The new TitleWise® report in Titlewave® has been redesigned to give you more powerful insights, quickly diagnose your library’s strengths and weaknesses, plan an effective weeding strategy and make smarter purchasing decisions.
Just a few of the new TitleWise report features include:
- A dashboard with a complete overview of your library collection. Behind every chart and graph is a detailed listing of titles so you can dig into your collection and gain deeper insight.
- The ability to track key metrics. Make informed weeding and purchasing decisions.
- Assessment of reading level distribution. Ensure your collection reflects the learning needs and abilities of your students.
Destiny customers enjoy access to all of this with one click to Titlewave!
To improve the eBook experience, we now have:
- Simplified product naming. We are simplifying our solution and renaming all of the student-facing search and eBook functions (outside of Classic Destiny) to Destiny Discover™. The existing BryteWave™ apps will continue to work, but Follett Shelf™, Universal Search and BryteWave will be streamlined into our new Destiny Discover offerings.
- Offline Follett eBook support on select Chromebooks: the Destiny Discover Android™ app will work on certain models of Chromebooks and provide offline support.
Don’t forget about the changes we made earlier this year to the eBook reading experience:
- Clean and simplified menu and toolbars
- Support for text-to-speech in apps
- Ability for app users to browse a collection without logging in, similar to the Destiny Quest® mobile app (login still required to access eBooks)
- Easier access to title information, table of contents, search and notebook functionality
- Simplified app workflow for downloading titles and working offline
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.